|Aircraft registration number||RA-33462|
|Accident site||in the area of Novopokrovskoye village of Balashovsky district of Saratov region|
|Aircraft operator||Krasny Kut Civil Aviation Flight School|
|The date of the completion of the investigation (report)||27.06.2017|
|Number of fatalities||2|
|Degree of aircraft destruction||aircraft destroyed|
The accident with An-2 RA-33462 aircraft occurred in the area of Novopokrovskoye village of Balashovsky district of Saratov region on June 30, 2016. According to the available information the pilot and two passengers on board were killed, the aircraft was burnt down.
The Interstate Aviation Committee has assigned the Investigation team of the accident in accordance with the Russian Aviation Legislation. The Investigation team has started its work.
The Interstate Aviation Committee has completed the investigation of the accident with Аn-2 RA-33462 agricultural aircraft operated by Krasny Kut Civil Aviation Flight School, occurred on 30.06.2016 in the Saratov Region.
Fatal accident with Аn-2 RA-33462 agricultural aircraft occurred during aerial works on crop-dusting and was caused most probably by the piloting error consisting in unintentional descent when performing a turn for the next crop-dusting round which resulted in the aircraft controlled flight into terrain.
Most probably, the following factors contributed to the accident:
- the PIC not trained for crop-dusting flight without first officer;
- the PIC conducting the flight with a passenger on first-officer’s seat;
- the presence of alcohol in PIC's and the passenger's bodies;
- a possible transfer of the aircraft control from PIC to the passenger (former An-2 pilot) made by PIC;
- violations of An-2 AFM and FAR-128 requirements on maintaining heights, bank angles during turns and flight speed while crop-dusting;
- Krasny Kut Civil Aviation Flight School management not controlling crop-dusting operations at the fields.
Appropriate safety recommendations based on the investigation results were developed.