|Aircraft registration number||RA-0285A|
|Accident site||in the area of Zhelanovka locality of the Michurinsk district of the Tambov region|
|Aircraft operator||Private person|
|Aircraft owner||Private person|
|The date of the completion of the investigation (report)||29.08.2017|
|Number of fatalities||0|
|Degree of aircraft destruction||aircraft substantially damaged|
report_ra-0285a.pdf (2.72 MB)
On 08.05.2017 the accident with Bekas-103 RA-0285A private aircraft occurred in the area of Zhelanovka locality of the Michurinsk district of the Tambov region. According to the available information the pilot on board was injured.The Interstate Aviation Committee has assigned the Investigation team in accordance with the Russian Aviation Legislation. The Investigation team started its work.
Investigation team of the Interstate Aviation Committee has completed the investigation of the accident with Bekas 103 RA-0285A FVSP private aircraft occurred in the Tambov region on 08.05.2017.
The non-fatal accident of Bekas 103 RA-0285A aircraft occurred due to its collision with the overhead transmission line wire in course of a low-altitude flight when crop-dusting.
Most probably the accident was possible due to combination of the following factors:
- the absence of PIC’s authorization for crop-dusting;
- the late initiation of the flight altitude increase maneuver to pass over the overhead transmission line;
- the absence of aeronautical charts and the failure to perform check familiarization flight at the expected aerial works’ site;
- the inadequate management of crop-dusting;
- the absence of power line wires' marking at the accident site area.
Appropriate safety recommendations based on the investigation results were developed.