In the period 17-19 December 2019 the Workshop on Aerodrome Certification, organized by ICAO and IAC within the framework of the implementation of the Regional Project RER/01/901 “Development of Operational Safety and Continuing Airworthiness” and the Aerodrome Certification Project within the frame of the ICAO EUR/NAT work, was held in the Interstate Aviation Committee.
The participants of the Workshop included specialists of the CAAs and airports from the Member States of the Agreement on Civil Aviation and Airspace Use.The following subjects were presented at the Workshop:
- Overview of ICAO Annex 14 Aerodromes;
- Regulatory Framework and Aerodrome Certification Requirements;
- Aerodrome Manual, particulars to be included in the manual;
- Safety Management System;
- Management and control of the hazards created by the wild nature;
- Overview of the operational and regulatory elements required for the aerodrome certification;
- Aerodromes Audits/Inspections;
- Audit report and follow up measures.
The subject matter of the Workshop aroused great interest of the participants, who received the opportunity to discuss practical issues of the aerodrome certification and exchange experience in the most urgent activity issues.
More than 40 leading specialists from the Member States of the Agreement participated in the work of the Workshop.