About the workshop on "Risk management and flight safety in airlines"
Gallery: 12 photos
The workshop on "Risk management anf flight safety in airlines" organised by the International Air Transport Assiciation (IATA) jointly with the Interstate Aviation Committee was held within the framework of the Agreement between the IAC and IATA from August 26-28, 2014. Representatives from 16 airlines of the region, as well as such major aviation equipment designers as "Tupolev" JSC and Airbus participated in this activity.
The following issues were considered:
- strategy of FO SMS implemetation via IOSA;
- flight safety risk assessment;
- general risk management.
Participants presented FO SMS implementation practices into airlines activity according to the following:
- Information sources for threats identification - practice and problems. Voluntary reports - myths and prejudgements (Windrose Airlines), Ukraine;
- Intelligence system ("Volga-Dnepr" group), Russian Federation;
- FO SMS («Metrojet» LLC), Russian Federation;
- Flight safety control in Ukraine International Airlines (UIA), Ukraine;
- FO SMS implementation and following development ("Aeroflot" JSC), Russian Federation;
- Three approaches, three risk management practices ("Volga-Dnepr" group), Russian Federation;
- FO SMS implementation and risk analysis methods ("Globus" LLC), Russian Federation, etc.
The workshop participants offered:
- Hold third worshop on FO SMS implementation on "Flight safety index" in the Interstate Aviation Committee in May 2015;
- Establish study group on unification of FO SMS implementation procedures in airlines, upgrading of regulatory framework, establishing of continous monitoring mechanism, etc.