About the courses on "Organization and conducting civil aircraft accident and incident investigation and flight safety promotion"
On the Republic of Armenia Ministry of Transport request within the framework of the ICAO-IAC RER/-1/901 international project "Development of operational safety and continuing airworthiness" implementation the courses on "Organization and conducting civil aircraft accident and incident investigation and flight safety promotion" were held in Yerevan on November 21 - December 2, 2016. The courses were held by the Interstate Aviation Committee experts for specialists of the Directorate General of Civil Aviation at the Government of the Republic of Armenia and airlines of Armenia “Aquila Technics” Ltd, “Armats” CJSC, and airlines: “Skiva Air” Ltd, “Aircompany Armenia” Ltd, “Taron Avia” Ltd, Main Criminalistics Department of the Investigation Committee of the Russian Federation.
Nineteen aviation specialists of Armenia participated in the courses:
The following issues were considered at the courses programme:
- organization of accident and incident investigation;
- operating with flight recorders, digital data sources;
- Flight Operation Safety Management System (FO SMS) implementation;
- risk assessment;
- FO SMS implementation practices in civil aviation airlines and airports;
- organization and conducting practices of search and rescues operations;
- labour protection and labour safety at the accident investigation site.
The courses are held by the IAC specialists on a regular basis approximately once in 3-5 years almost in each Member State of the Agreement on Civil Aviation and Use of Airspace and are the basis for training skilled personnel on accident and incident investigation in accordance with the ICAO Standards and Recommended Practices.