In the period 2-4 October 2018 Flight Operations and Maintenance Documentation Seminar + MEL/MMEL Workshop, organized jointly with Airbus, was held in the Interstate Aviation Committee within the framework of the implementation of the ICAO/IAC Regional Project “Development of Operational Safety and Continuing Airworthiness”.
The seminar was organized for the CAAs of the Member States of the Agreement on Civil Aviation and Airspace Use, as well as for the specialists of the leading airlines of the region.
Airbus specialists made presentations on the following subjects:
- Formation of the common data base of the Airbus aircraft operators;
- Maintenance documentation overview;
- Flight operations documentation overview (Aircraft Flight Manual (AFM), Flight Crew Operating Manual (FCOM), Flight Crew Training Manual (FCTM), Master Minimum Equipment List (MMEL));- Interaction of aircraft operators, manufacturer and CAAs during of the Minimum Equipment List (MEL) formation;
- Procedures of introducing changes in the equipment list in the process of the aircraft operation;
- Maintenance and engineering vision and strategy;
- Modern technologies and programmes for the interaction with the aircraft operators.
The Seminar included practical training, where the participants received the possibility to familiarize themselves with the new set of instruments, which will be offered to the airlines in the course of the next few years. Airbus specialists devoted much attention to the discussion of the participants’ questions and examples from the practice of A320, A320 NEO, A330, A340 aircraft family operation, as well as of the modern A380 and A350 aircraft operation.
The Seminar was attended by more than 200 representatives of the aviation administrations and leading airlines of the states of the region of the Interstate Council on Aviation and Use of Airspace.