On February 5-8, 2019, a Seminar “Human factors” was held at the Interstate Aviation Committee jointly with Bermuda CAA within the framework of the ICAO/IAC Project RER/01/901 “Development of Operational Safety and Continuing Airworthiness.
The seminar was organized for the aviation administrations of the Member States to the Agreement on Civil Aviation and Use of Airspace, as well as for the specialists from leading training centers for civil aviation and airlines of the region.
The following topics were presented at the seminar:
- History of human factors;
- Features of perception, brain function;
- Factors of errors: fatigue, distraction, multitasking, etc.;
- Beginner’s and expert’s errors, their features and causes;
- Prevention and expert’s error recovery strategies based on a human behavior model;
- Outcomes of teamwork studies by NASA and European specialists (GIHRE);
- Teamwork performance indicators;
- Threat and error management;
- Role and importance of effective communication;
- Conflict situations and methods of their solution.
All the participants took part in the case studies and other practical activities during the seminar.
Over 100 experts from aviation administrations, training centers and airlines of the region attended the seminar.