In the period 23-25 April 2019 within the framework of the realization of the ICAO-IAC Regional Project RER/01/901 “Development of Operational Safety and Continuing Airworthiness” the Accident/Incident Investigation Seminar, organized jointly with Airbus and BEA, was held in the Interstate Aviation Committee.
The Seminar was intended for the CAAs of the Member States of the Agreement on Civil Aviation and Use of Airspace.
In the course of the Seminar leading specialists from IAC, BEA and Airbus made presentations devoted to the following topics:
- IAC report on the state of flight safety in the region for the year 2018 and recommendations on the flight safety improvement;
- BEA working experience in the European Region;
- Challenges faced by manufacturers in a major investigation context;
- Immediate response to an accident notification and on-site report, data collection at an accident site;
- Safety measures at the site of investigation; personal safety (use of individual protection means, medical access); information safety; ecological safety; transport safety; safety, while working on water surface; personnel protection;
- Flight data recorders and maintenance data analysis;
- Engineering investigations;
- Simulators and test means, using the manufacturer resources;
- Application of innovative investigation technologies;
- Peculiarities of working with media on the issues related to aircraft accidents;
- Preparation of the manufacturer aircraft accident investigation report and interaction with the national CAA investigation body.
Concrete aircraft accident/incident cases have been considered in detail in the course of the Seminar.
The participants of the Seminar have actively discussed the issues of aircraft accident/incident investigation.
More than 70 specialists from the CAAs of the States of the region took part in the work of the Seminar.