In the period 6-8 November 2019 within the framework of the implementation of the ICAO-IAC Regional Project RER/01/901 “Development of Operational Safety and Continuing Airworthiness” the Flight Operations Safety Awareness Seminar, organized jointly with Airbus, which has been a permanent Project partner for 20 years, was held in the Interstate Aviation Committee.
The participants of the Seminar included specialists of the CAAs, airlines and educational institutions from the Member States of the Agreement on Civil Aviation and Airspace Use.
During the course of the Seminar, the following leading specialists from Airbus made their presentations:
Mr. Iouri Tchekanov – Regional Safety Director Russia & CIS;
Mr. T. Tweed – Flight Operations Support Director;
Mr. E. Lacombe – Flight Operations Engineer, SMS/FDA Expert;
Capt. X. Pepin – Type Rating Instructor / Type Rating Examiner;
Mr. E. Denoux – Simulator Flight Instructor, Flight Operations Support &
Training Standard Manager;
Mr. O. Ferran – Flight Operations Engineer.
Presentations at the Seminar covered the following subjects:
- Overview of regional Airbus flight safety and flight operations offices;
- Flight operation, human factor management aspects, crew resource management (CRM). Threat & Error Management (TEM);
- Flight Data Analysis (FDA), occurrence case study;
- Competence-based training (CBT);
- Airbus recommendations for instructors standardization;
- Flight Crew Training Standards (FCTS);
- Runway Safety, RWY excursion prevention;
- Approach and Landing Techniques;
- Icing, unreliable airspeed;
- Wake Vortex;
- Airbus Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Electronic Flight Bag (EFB).
The subject matter of the Seminar aroused great interest of the participants, who were given the opportunity to discuss practical issues of aircraft flight operation with Airbus representatives.
More than 100 aviation specialists from the majority of the States of the Region participated in the work of the Seminar.