The second international online videoconference "Priorities of activities and civil aviation supporting measures during overcoming the pandemic and after it" was held by the Interstate Council on Civil Aviation and the Use of Airspace and the Interstate Aviation Committee on November 5, 2020.
The conference was organized within the framework of the ICAO-IAC Project RER/01/901 with the aim of developing practical proposals for supporting the aviation industries of the States parties to the Agreement on Civil Aviation and the Use of Airspace in the context of overcoming the industry crisis caused by the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic.
The videoconference was attended by over 120 people from 11 states and 5 international organizations, incl. heads and representatives of the European and North Atlantic Regional Bureaux of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), the World Health Organization (WHO), the International Air Transport Association (IATA), the Airbus Corporation, Rospotrebnadzor, the Federal Biomedical Agency as well as the heads of aviation administrations of the states parties to the Agreement, leading specialists of airlines in the region, airports, aviation centers, educational institutions, air navigation, medical and sanitary - epidemiological services.
In her speech to the conference participants, the President of the Interstate Council/Chairperson of the IAC, Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor, laureate of the Edward Warner T.G. Anodina has given a brief overview of the practical actions undertaken by the Interstate Council/IAC to support the industry and noted the importance and need for consolidation the efforts of all representatives of the aviation industry and related industries to overcome the crisis in the air transportation market. She has also noted the first positive results of state support for aviation enterprises.
The specialists from the IAC, ICAO, WHO, IATA, Airbus, Federal Tourism Agency, Rospotrebnadzor, FMBA have presented their reports and speeches on topical issues in civil aviation as a result of the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, namely:
· Measures implemented by WHO to protect air passengers and aviation personnel under the COVID-19 pandemic. Priorities. Perspectives.
· Rospotrebnadzor measures to counteract new coronavirus infection.
· Implementation of the CAPSCA (ICAO-WHO) program in the States parties to the Agreement. Problems and their solutions.
· Prospective for the restoration, expansion and development of air traffic in the region based on an analysis of the implementation of the ICAO Aviation Rehabilitation Council Task Force recommendations.
· Implemented and future measures of financial and economic support of the industry.
· Prospects for the restoration of international air traffic - IATA analysis.
· IATA pandemic flight safety initiatives.
· AIRBUS project «Keep Trust in Air Travel»
· Promotion of tourist travel between the states - parties to the Agreement, as one of the key drivers for support of civil aviation.
The heads and specialists of aviation administrations and organizations of the states of the region took an active part in the discussion, focusing their attention on measures and experience to overcome the crisis. The representatives of medical organizations offered their proposals and questions on the conference topic for discussion.
According to the results of the conference, further measures and proposals, which will be sent to the governments of the states-parties to the Agreement on Civil Aviation and the Use of Airspace will be developed.
We thank all the participants and speakers of the Conference.