On April 12-14, 2021 the Accident Investigation (AIG) Online Workshop was held by the Interstate Aviation Committee jointly with ICAO within the framework of the ICAO/IAC Project RER/01/901 “Development of Operational Safety and Continuing Airworthiness in the Member States of the Agreement”.
In the of the webinar participated the leaders and experts of ICAO, the Interstate Council, IAC, European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA), BEA (France), leading specialists from the CAAs, airlines, airports, air navigation services and the training centers of the region, 8 international organizations (FOCA, FAA USA, IATA, etc.).
At the webinar the following reports were presented:
- ICAO update on the new amendment to Annex 13, ICAO Doc 9756, GASP 2020-2022;
- IAC presentation on the activity and technical capabilities of the IAC Lab;
- Presentation of the representatives of Ireland on flight safety and aircraft accident investigation (European Network of Civil Aviation Safety Investigation Authorities (ENCASIA));
- ICAO recommendations on the organization, staffing and training of the investigation bodies’ specialists;
- ICAO recommendations on aircraft accident investigation within the frame of the Universal Safety Oversight Audit Programme (USOAP);
- IAC review of the aircraft accidents in 2020 in the States of the region;
- ICAO review of the aircraft accidents in 2020 in the European Region;
- EASA ECCAIRS (European Co-ordination Centre for Accident and Incident Reporting Systems) user information on the transition from ECCAIRS1 to ECCAIRS2;
- Safety lessons learned based on the 2020 accident report of BEA (France), recommendations on flight safety.
The cases of aircraft accidents and serious incidents were also presented during the workshop:
- Review of a number of aircraft accidents and serious incidents investigations, carried out with the participation of IAC in the States of the region;
- Review of the 10-08-2019 B787 LN-LND incident with left engine failure at take off (ANSV, Italy);
- Review of the accident to the AIRBUS A380-861, operated by Air France, on 30/09/2017 (BEA, France).
The subject-matter of the webinar aroused great interest of the attendees. The experts and specialists from the region and other states actively participated in the discussion of the presented reports and shared the experience in the development of the competences needed to the aviation specialists of the states for the effective independent investigation of aircraft accidents and serious incidents. The participants also discussed the possibility of enhancing the level of the execution by the States of their investigation obligations in the context of Annex 13 to the Chicago Convention.More than 200 specialists from 27 states participated in the webinar.
_01 - Welcome and Introduction.pdf (261.28 KB)
_02 - ICAO Update in AIG area.pdf (1.68 MB)
_03b - ENCASIA Presentation ICAO IAC.pdf (567.94 KB)
_04a - Guidance on USOAP CMA AIG PQs.pdf (464.9 KB)
_05b - List of 2020 Accidents in ICAO EURNAT.pdf (169.49 KB)
_06 - Update ECCAIRS2.pdf (183.96 KB)
_09 - Conclusion.pdf (162.29 KB)