«Flight data analysis» workshop has been held within the framework of the ICAO-IAC Project RER/01/901 «Development of Operational Safety and Continuing Airworthiness in the States Parties to the Agreement» by the Interstate Aviation Committee along with Airbus on November 8-11, 2021.
The workshop was conducted by Airbus experts with the aim of training aviation specialists from the states of the region – parties to the interstate Agreement.
Following topics have been studied during the workshop:
· Flight data analysis - as an element of the Flight Safety Management System;
· Flight information recording procedure. Flight data recorder characteristics;
· Types of flight data analysis tools;
· Aviation industry positive safety culture development;
· «AirFASE» software application for the flight data analysis.
Much attention was given to the practical exercises using the demo version of the AirFASE software. The skills of using the database on events related to the piloting technique, conducting the analysis and compiling reports on the statistical data accumulated by the AirFASE database were practiced. The participants of the course worked out the elements of interaction between the divisions of the airline during the analysis of an aviation event and the application of its results in the operation of the Flight Safety Management System on practical examples.
Certificates were issued to all the participants upon the completion of the workshop.