|Aircraft registration number||RA-0128А|
|Place of aircraft departure|
|Airport of departure|
|Intended Airport of arrival|
|Accident site||в микрорайоне «Немецкая деревня» Краснодарского края|
|Aircraft owner||Частное лицо|
|The date of the completion of the investigation (report)|
|Number of fatalities||0|
|Degree of aircraft destruction|
The accident with AGRO-001 RA-0128A private gyroplane occurred in "Germany village" community of the Krasnodar Territory on September 20, 2013. According to the preliminary information the pilot and a passenger on board didn't suffer. The aircraft sustained substantial damage.
The Interstate Aviation Committee has formed the Investigation team of the accident in accordance with the Russian Aviation Legislation. The Investigation team started its work.
The Investigation team of the Interstate Aviation Committe has completed the investigation of the accident with AGRO-001 (FVSP) RA-0128А private gyroplane occurred in Krasnodar area on September 20, 2013.
Tрe accident with AGRO-001 (FVSP) RA-0128А private gyroplane occured during emergency landing due to the uneven running of aircraft engine (power loss).
Uneven engine operation could be caused by engine overheating due to changes in regular system of power-unit cooling.
The following unfavorable factors contributed to the accident:
- possible air accumulation in the engine cooling system during aircraft evolution when steam outlet pipe of overflow reservoir can be lower engine cylinder head due to overflow reservoir location above the engine;
- discrepancy of collant temperature indicator marking to technical data of cooling system that could contribute to the late detection of the engine overheat by PIC;
- performing operation at gyroplane without airworthiness certificate after recieving of which all deficiencies of the engine colling system had to be identified;
- performing operation over the building ground at the altitude not ensuring safe landing in case of power loss;
- late PIC's decision to perform emergency landing.
The appropriate safety recommendations based on the investigation results were developed.