|Aircraft registration number||RA-1360G|
|Accident site||на базе отдыха Чкаловского района Нижегородской области|
|Aircraft owner||Частное лицо|
|The date of the completion of the investigation (report)|
|Number of fatalities||0|
|Degree of aircraft destruction|
The accident with AT 104 (model 80 TA "Klassika") RA-1360G private hot air balloon occurred at a recreation center of the Chkalovsky district of the Novgorod region on May 3, 2014. According to the available information the pilot and 3 passengers on board were injured, the aircraft was destroyed.
The Interstate Aviation Committee has formed the Investigation team of the accident in accordance with the Russian Aviation Legislation. The Investigation team started its work.
The Investigation team of the Interstate Aviation Committee has completed the investigation of the accident with "Klassika" AT104 series 80TA model RA-1360G private hot-air balloon.
The crash with "Klassika" AT104 series 80 TA model RA-1360G hot-air balloon was caused by fire in the car after its turnover during the hot-air balloon landing.
The hot-air balloon fire was caused by gas ignition due to pressurization leakage of the hot-air balloon thermal unit and fire in pilot burner.
Pressurization leakage of the hot-air balloon most probably was caused by unauthorized impact on gas manifold and/or gas sleeve by passengers and/or pilot during the car turnover.
The following factors most probably contributed to the accident:
- fire in pilot burner that didn't comply with hot-air balloon FOM;
- lack of pilot's information about turbulence in landing zone;
- installation of self-made gas manifold in the car not specified by airframe of hot-air balloon thermal unit;
- lack of gas mainfold protection from unauthorized impact of persons in the hot-air balloon car;
- passengers location in the car before landing didn't comply with the hot-air balloon FOM.
The appropriate safety recommendation based on the investigation results were developed.