|Aircraft registration number||RA-07232|
|Place of aircraft departure||Посадочная площадка «Поселковая»|
|Airport of departure|
|Intended destination||Посадочная площадка "Бурный"|
|Intended Airport of arrival|
|Accident site||Российская Федерация, Ленинградская область, Всеволожский район|
|Longitude||30°45 ́21,8 ́ ́|
|Aircraft type||EC-120B "EUROCOPTER"|
|Aircraft owner||Private person|
|The date of the completion of the investigation (report)||26.09.2014|
|Number of fatalities||2|
|Degree of aircraft destruction||aircraft substantially damaged|
report_ra-07232.pdf (1.55 MB)
The accident with "EUROCOPTER" EC-120B RA-07232 helicopter occurred in the area of Rakhya locality of Vsevolzhsky District of the Leningrad region on May 13, 2014. According to the available information the pilot and a passenger on board were killed, the rotorcraft was destroyed.
The Interstate Aviation Committee has formed the Investigation team of the accident in accordance with the Russian Aviation Legislation. The Investigation team started its work.
The Investigation team of the Interstate Aviation Committee has completed the investigation of the accident with EC-120B RA-07232 private helicopter occurred in the Leningrad region on May 13, 2014.
Most probably the fatal accident with ЕС-120В RA-07232 helicopter was caused by:
• not holding safe altitude by the PIC entering meteorological conditions not ensuring the possibility of compliance with visual flight rules en route that resulted in aircraft collission with trees tops;
• non-compliance with regulatory documents on returning to the departure aerodrome under inadequate meteorological conditions in order to continue flight;
• flight performance at night without appropriate qualification and authorization.
The accident was caused by combination of the following adverse factors:
• unsatisfactory analysis of meteorological conditions by PIC during taking the decision for departure;
• flight performance in condition of alcohol intoxication.
The appropriate safety recommendations based on the investigation results were developed.